How to Spend 2 Days in Venice
The Floating City offers not only canals and Carnival. Bustling markets, delicate glass factories, and off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods – all in one!
You have to plan your pre – or after cruise days in Venice carefully, if you wish to see the major landmarks and immerse into Venetian culture.
Cruise, Snack, and Explore
Morning: enjoy the Floating City from the water with a gondola or scenic boat tour.
- An authentic gondola ride with serenade;
a canal cruise that explores smaller, peaceful waterways.
- Another option will be a hop-on hop-off boat tour. You will have an easy access to Venice’s landmarks.
Afternoon: a guided Doge’s Palace tour.
You will learn about Venice’s royal history and gothic architecture.
Tip: beat the crowd with precooked skip-the-line access.
Night: an exclusive after-hours St. Marks’ Basilica tour.
You will see the cathedral with a small group for a one-of-a-kind Venice experience.
Glass, Home Cooking, and Ghosts
Morning: discover the artistic side of Venice
- a photography walking tour,
- a trip to the island of Murano for a Murano glass factory tour and workshop, or
- a class devoted to learning how to paint intricate Venetian Carnival masks.
- tour of the Rialto food market complete with traditional snacks (cicchetti) and local wine, or
- a cooking class in the private home of a Venetian chef.
You will get an insider’s taste of Venetian food culture.
- explore Venice’s Jewish Ghetto or
- Dorsoduro district on a guided neighborhood tour.
Finish your trip with a nighttime ghost-themed walking tour to hear spooky stories about restless spirits.