How to Spend 1 Day in Venice
A single day before or after your cruise in Venice could easily be eaten up by wondering along canals and taking photos.
If you wish to maximize time in the floating city, plan carefully!
see the classic landmarks of Venice, Piazza San Marco, Doge’s Palace, and St. Mark’s Basilica.
To accomplish all in one morning, you have to pre-book your skip-the-line tickets with premium access.
Some of these tours also include secret itineraries that aren’t normally accessible to the public.
Alternatively, can take a hop-on hop off boat tour. It allows you to get out on the water and see all the major attractions on your own.
cultural Immersion. Understand Venice by focusing on its culture.
- A guided food tour through the Rialto Market with stops for traditional Venetian snacks (cicchetti); or
- a private tour of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, home to works from artists including Jackson Pollock.
Immerse yourself into local culture.
Explore off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods such as Dorsoduro on a walking tour.
Or, cruise a Venice Canal and small quiet, secret canals as well.
Ghosts, Music, and Gondolas.
- If you are interested in history may want to set out on a walking tour focused on Venetian ghosts and legends.
- If you like music, get tickets for a local classical music concert. Or,
- Climb aboard an evening gondola for a ride along the lagoon with serenade from your gondolier.